Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dear Children

Dear children

Your job is to keep me young
Please do everything possible to make it so
Keep snapchatting pictures of your new nail color and turning me on to new fandoms
Keep sharing 90s indie rock and facetiming with me
Above all
Keep humoring me
Even if I am forty years older than you
I like feeling cool even though I probably am not
It’s nice to appear hip to other moms
Who don’t have a clue about instagram
Or to become the Iphone maven to old flip phone users
I rather like it when my fellow 20-something tutors
Say I never to cease to amaze them when I share that
I’m done with neon pink hair extensions
So passé
So even when I am a really old lady
Grey and decrepit
To the degree that I am able
Please make sure to keep me young
Whatever that may look like
I don’t have a clue
I am not there yet but I will be
Inevitability steps in
Like it or not
And if my memory fails me
Please tell the world that you know I remain young in my heart and soul
And when I am gone
Please tell everyone how I stayed young because of you
©kcasady2014


No comments:

Post a Comment